Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays

always bring me down.

     So we began another week.  Has it really only been a week since Baby Aleman was delivered?  Apparently so...and life in the Aleman household continues on.  After being a hermit for the weekend, (I mean seriously; I spent almost my entire weekend in front of the computer typing away on the blog...in my pajamas that I put on Friday night, and I didn't shower.  I finally MADE myself shower Sunday night...)...but anyhow...after being a hermit, on Monday, I decided I couldn't just sit here and stalk my blog.  I couldn't stay in my jammies all day (again).  I needed to at least feel as if I were having a productive day.
     I posted this quote to my Facebook status:    Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.  -- Tori Amos
         I took another shower (and I just took a shower...I didn't cry this time; it made me feel like I was progressing), and I got dressed in a t-shirt and jeans.  I only have one pair of jeans that semi-fit.  I had bought two pairs of jeans in November (and I didn't know I was pregnant), so I was bummed because I had thought I was gaining weight and had to buy a larger size that was comfortable across my tummy.  I tried to wear a pair of those jeans on Thursday, and they are so huge on me now.  The one pair that fits, will only fit right after being in the dryer because the material is stretchy...after a full day of wearing them, I'm constantly pulling my jeans up.  Thankfully, I only bought two new maternity shirts, and I had been wearing two others from my pregnancy with JJ.  They will all be packed away soon.  My t shirts and other shirts still fit.
     I went with Hubs to pick JJ up from school.  It felt strange to be doing such normal things.  We talked a bit, listened to Breaking Dawn, and then he went to get JJ.  JJ was pretty happy that we were both there to pick him up from school.  It made me realize that small things make a huge impact on a 6 year old.  I hadn't gone with Hubs for a while to pick JJ up from school.  (Before any of this happened.)
     We got home, I started the next part of the blog, and Hubs and JJ started homework.  Monday is karate night, and we always go to Subway for dinner on karate night.  At 4:30pm, we packed up and headed for Subway.  We ordered; the guy working was hilarious.  He was talking with a fake Russian accent and had us cracking up.  As we sat eating, a lady walked in with two small children...maybe 4 and 3...a boy and a girl.  I had my first feeling of anger.  I wasn't angry that she had two kids, and I didn't.  I was angry at how she was treating her two kids.  The kids were young and obviously excited about being "out to eat" and kept asking questions "Mommy, can I have this to drink?" pointing at the Orange Fanta.  "Mommy, can we sit here?" pointing at a table that had one red chair.  Instead of speaking kindly to her children, she yanked them over to the table and told them to sit down and shut up.  Now, I will be the first to admit; I do not know the circumstances.  I don't know what kind of day this lady has had.  I do not know if 15 minutes before her kids were screaming their heads off as she was driving down the road.  I do know that my heart clenched, and I could feel the anger coursing through my body.  The little girl said "Mommy..." and before she could say anything else, the mom snapped "I told you to sit down and shut up."  She completely ignored them the rest of the time that she was in the line.  I sent JJ to the restroom to wash his hands and his face after he had finished his meatball sub, and I told Hubs it was time to go.
     We drove JJ to karate (in the nasty weather), bought a karate manual, and then headed to get gas.  At the gas station, I decided I needed to pee; unfortunately, the Sam's club gas station doesn't have a potty, so we went to Cracker Barrel to borrow the potty.  We made it back to karate and had about 15 minutes of Breaking Dawn listening time.  We finished disc 5 of 16. 
     JJ came out of karate so excited about his class.  We got home, and JJ got ready for bed.  He had a snack, Hubs and I ate our subs since we didn't have time while he was in his karate class.  We watched The Voice...laughed at the judges...especially Cee lo's evil looking white cat (have YOU seen that cat?  It looks like the cat that tried to take over  the world in Cat and Dogs or whatever that movie was called.)
     Hubs finished up with school work and headed to bed;  I checked emails one last time.  Sleep arrived a lot sooner than I thought it would...
      I feel like my writing has helped.  I haven't proofed any of my writing; I have used spell check.  I will probably go back later and re-read and make changes as needed.  I won't add any new content; just check that I wrote no instead of know, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Me and my hubby watch The Voice too... that cat is freakin' hilarious... maybe not the cat so much as Cee Lo stroking him the entire time, LOL... So glad you are up and about! I understand about the scene in Subway... not being able to have children myself, it is hard to watch people with children not listen to their child. And, I know parents have "those" days, but it still makes it hard for others to watch. Makes you wanna tell them how lucky they are, not that they'd care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you chose to write about Baby Aleman and what JJ and Jon might have been feeling. It goes without saying that you are a wonderful, amazing woman. You have so much to give to any one person and God will show you his plan when it is time and you are ready. I hope to hear from you soon, whenever you are ready. I am glad you are getting up and about and doing things. All my love, Micheale (gotta go make dinner, trying something new. Wish me luck!)

    ReplyDelete