Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It Takes A Leap Of Faith

Happy Leap Day!

Random facts in no particular order:

1.  Phantom kicking is very real.  I've been feeling kicks and flutters the last few days.  It makes me wonder if that was why I didn't notice sooner that something was wrong?  I can't imagine losing a limb and having the aches and pains that I've always heard were associated.  How long will this last?  Come July, will this morph into phantom crying?

2.  Having to wear nursing pads when you won't get the chance to nurse stinks beyond belief.  The leaking hasn't been astronomical, but today getting out of the car, I had a total let-down feeling...complete with the tingles that I got every time that JJ nursed.  Or the one time that I heard a baby cry, and I was in a waiting room without a jacket.  THAT was a fun time (not!)  I wasn't even around a baby.  We had been in the car, driving from the library to Walmart to buy JJ some "short" socks.  We were listening to Breaking Dawn, once again.  (I think we finally made it to disc 7!)  And as I was getting out of the car, I let-down.  Nothing like eww gross, just uncomfortable because it made my heart ache.

3.  JJ's donations totaled $285!  I know I've said it, but I'll say it again.  Thank ya'll from the bottom of my heart for supporting and encouraging him!  He was so happy to turn in his donation form, and his teacher thanked us when we picked him up and handed her the reprinted donation form.  She thought it was awesome that people were still wanting to donate!

4.  I received a most amazing gift in the mail today.  Thank you, Lovey!  It is called Joy for a Woman's Soul: Promises to Refresh Your Spirit.  I flipped through right fast, looked at the Table of Contents, and "Promises About Trusting Through Tears" caught my eye.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." ~Proverbs 3:5-6   I will probably share a random verse or quote from the book each day.  I am positive that this will help rebuild my spirit.  Again, thank you, Lovey!  I love you so much!!

5.  I enjoy spending my allowance on video game stuff.  LOL.  Yes, I just said that.  I've used it to buy extra Wii remotes (we now have four:  black, white, blue, and pink.)  I've used it to buy games:  Family Game Night 2 & 3 combo pack, Epic Mickey, and Super Mario Galaxy.  I even bought an extra steering wheel because it was super cool and Nerf :)  JJ is currently playing Super Mario Galaxy; I can't wait to play Epic Mickey!

     I had a fabulous talk with my Mommy this morning.  Yes, I admit...I'm 32 years old, and I still call my momma "Mommy."  Don't hate.  You know that secretly, you still do the same.  She called to check in; it's the first time we've talked since Saturday evening when she made it back home (probably a record for us!)  We usually talk at least once a day.  Sometimes multiple times a day.  We talked about some things...one of them was my writing the blog and how she hoped it was helping me. 
     It's soon still, but I really think it IS helping.  I don't feel any unresolved anger or bitterness.  I'm not having to repeat things over and over.  And please, if you have questions, send me a text, leave a comment, or send me a private email or facebook message.  I will answer your question or questions in the next blog.  :)
     I am still working on that 1000 piece puzzle that I dumped on the table.  I finally got all of the edges done, but it still looks like I'm working it from the bottom up.  I'm okay with that.  It was kinda liberating to just dump all the pieces out and work haphazardly.  It was rather therapeutic. 
     The Pacifier is on ABC Family tonight.  One of my favorite movies.  I just can't help but laugh most of the way through.  Hubs is awesome and when he saw it on, he changed the channel just for me.
     JJ has been complaining that his tummy hurts.  It's not tender to the touch; I think it's a bathroom issue.  I don't know if he's suffering from an upset tummy like I have...Please say a prayer for him.  It bugs me to no end when I can't make him feel better.  He has no fever, and he's been able to eat.  He just told us that his tummy was hurting him all day.  I suspect gas (we even had a whole conversation on passing gas tonight and why it was important for you to pass gas so that it doesn't build up and make you hurt.)  It brought to mind my 8th grade science teacher, Mr. Hovenkotter...and him asking during a study session before a test "Why do you fart, and why is it good for you?" 
     Momma asked how I was earlier, and I told her "I'm fine.  My boys are goofy and keep me laughing and smiling.  You can't really be sad for too long around them!"  I thank God everyday for my blessings, and my two biggest blessings are Hubs and JJ.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your blogs are getting a happier note to them. I know you're still hurting and that will probably never go away, just dull, but it does seem this blog is helping. I'm really proud of you for putting ALL your feelings and thoughts out there. I bet that somewhere you are even helping someone else without even knowing it. God has blessed you beyond belief and me for having the opportunity to know and love you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still call my mom mommy and my dad daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad they are a happier note too. Tegan even commented that I managed to read one and not cry :o) My tummy was hurting today too. Pretty sure it was cause I ate McD's for lunch though...almost certain it is made with poison.

    ReplyDelete