Thursday, March 15, 2012

...

     I did NOT want to wake up;  I am not used to waking up after having so little sleep the night before.  I would do it all over again to talk to my Person :)
     After getting JJ off to school, Hubs and I were eating breakfast and watching tv when my phone rang.  It was my OB calling to touch base with me, let me know how some of my bloodwork came back from the last appointment, and to find out when I was seeing the hematologist again.  Last week, they took blood to test numerous things, one of which was my insulin levels or my glucose...I don't know.  It was something to check if I needed to do a 2 hour diabetes glucose test.  My hemoglobin came back at 5.something...6.something is full blown diabetes.  She told me I was pre-diabetic, but she felt that with some weight loss, I would be able to nip that in the bud.  My next appointment is at the end of the month; we will see then if I need to continue the blood pressure meds (I'm suspecting I will need to stay on them until I lose another 30 pounds at least.)
     The rest of the day was spent relaxing and doing a whole lot of nothing because I had an appointment at 1:40pm.  That appointment went well.  My blood pressure was up, but my temp was normal this time.  I had lost a pound from the week before.  And my platelet count was up.  Last week it had been 47k; this week it was 60k.  The dr wanted to have me come back in two weeks to check my platelets again, and then see her again in four weeks.  She's hoping that my platelets will continue to increase on their own without the need for steroids.  Please continue to pray that my health continues to improve!!!
     I honestly can't tell you what happened the rest of the day.  I know I cooked dinner, and I know that Hubs and I hung out in the living room after JJ went to bed.  The main part of my day was the phone call from the OB and the results of the hematology appointment.
     Today, we spent the day mostly out.  I finally went and got measured for a bra :cringe:  It actually wasn't as traumatizing as I had led myself to believe it would be.  I was wearing the right cup size, so that didn't go up, thank goodness.  I just had to find a bra with better support.  I ended up with a new outfit as well, but I am contemplating returning it.  I didn't really need a new outfit; I only went in for bras.  We went and got Hubs two pairs of shoes.
     I finished that book, What We Do For Love.  It ended up being really good, even though I teared up quite often while reading.  I could see lots of things that I do, but then I could see things that I hope I never do.  I am trying not to shut anyone out.  Sometimes I just don't want to talk about things.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment