Thursday, March 8, 2012

You Know My Heart Is Heavy

And the hurt is deep
But when I feel like giving up
You're reminding me
~The Afters, Lift Me Up

     I woke up about 7:30 this morning and felt so much better.  I didn't have the same achiness of the night before, and I wasn't feeling any chills.  I took my temp:  98.  I'll take it.  I'm so glad that I broke the fever overnight. 
     I tried to eat the rest of my breakfast sub for breakfast, but after two bites, I realized it just wasn't what I wanted.  I let Hubs have it, and I ate a bowl of Kix instead.  I sat at the computer to finish yesterday's blog, then I played some on Facebook.
     I finally went and got my walking clothes on, put my shoes on, grabbed my sweatshirt, and waited for Hubs to get ready.  We walked our loop once; it's just over a mile.  My hip hurt a little about halfway through, but it's been a while since I've done any exercising.  I didn't feel as bad when we were done as I thought I would.  A little over halfway around, this dog started following us and followed us all the way home.  She was very friendly.
     I thought I would get started on today's blog.  Hubs and I have been talking while I write this :)  It's almost time for some lunch, and then I should probably get some real clothes on instead of my walking clothes.
     I felt so much better after my shower and changing into  real clothes.  We left to pick up JJ and spent the whole time talking while we waited.  JJ got in the car, and he was in SUCH a good mood.  He had a great day; someone had come to talk to them about dental health, and he got a goodie bag.  Yes, JJ was MEGA PUMPED.  He got TWO toothbrushes, a toothbrush pencil, dental floss, and an activity booklet.  Plus today was their S.T.E.M academy (don't ask what STEM is because right now I can't remember...I think Science Technology, Engineering, and Math, but don't quote me on that.)  He was able to get in with Mr. Caskey again.  I'm not sure what their subject is, but today they learned about static electricity.  They rubbed a balloon and watched it stick to different things...they even went to the playground to go down the slide and get shocked.  JJ thought it was "super cool."
     JJ didn't have much homework today because he already completed his math work for the week.  Hub helped him with his spelling and his reading.  His new library book is about bulldozers.  He loves the books from the non-fiction section.  He usually gets a book about animals, so I was surprised to see the bulldozer book.  When he was finished, I helped him with Epic Mickey.  He likes that he is "far-er than you, Momma!"  He's a hoot.  I then finished dinner.  I had put a roast in the crock pot with some gravy and carrots...I made rice and squash and zucchini to go with it.  JJ of course, didn't like anything but the rice, but Hubs and I enjoyed the whole meal.  I'm excited for leftovers for tomorrow's lunch!
     We watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, and then I went to work on my puzzle.  I am ALMOST finished :)  I have four pieces set aside so that JJ can put the last piece in, but all I have left is the sky.  The shades of blue are so close, so it's harder to see in the evening.  I'd rather work when the natural light from outside comes in.  I started feeling warm again, so I took my temperature and had a low grade fever.  99.6, boo.  My hair is still achey, but the rest of me isn't hurting.  I'm not having chills.  So I filled my huge mug from the hospital up with ice water and have been drinking like crazy (which in turn causes me to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes or so.)  Hopefully I just wasn't hydrated enough, and it was my body overheating.  (I can hope, right?) 
     It's just after 9.  Nothing very exciting is happening.  Hubs has been watching news.  JJ is in the bed.  I thought I would get this blog finished so I could post it tonight.  I have been considering posting my blogs in the morning for the previous day; we'll see.
     Tomorrow, we are going to get breakfast out.  We had actually planned this for the "Friday after the ultrasound"...then everything happened, and it just never seemed the right time.  I decided it was time, so we are going to eat breakfast at Golden Corral in the morning (we have one here that serves breakfast on Friday!!!)  Then I think we are heading to walmart.  I know there were several things we mentioned, but I can't remember anything right now.  I DO know we need to get a new scale.  Ours weighed me at 8 pounds MORE than what the dr weighed me yesterday (and I weighed myself when I first woke up)...we've had it for almost 8 years (got it the first year we were married!)  I want one like Momma's, so hopefully we are able to find one like that.
     As I close tonight, I leave you with this last line of Footprints in the Sand, one of my favorite poems EVER:
The Lord replied:  "My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

No comments:

Post a Comment