Sunday, March 11, 2012

Saturday Extravaganza

     Even though we went to bed late last night (Friday nights are no bedtime nights), I was up by 7:30am.  I ventured to the front so that I could play some games for a little while.  Hubs was up not long later.  JJ slept int til almost 9!  Sleepyhead! :)
     Hubs offered to cook breakfast: cheesy eggs and grits.  I also made some toast, and JJ ate a cutie with his breakfast.  He LOVES them because "they are easy to peel and have no seeds, Momma!"  (In case you don't know, cuties are small oranges...clementines, I guess they are called.  They taste like oranges...)
     JJ caught up on some episodes of Transformers that Daddy recorded for him during the week.  I did some reading, but I just can't get into this book.  I'm almost halfway through, and it's a chore for me to read.  I will probably pull the bookmark out and grab the next book in the library bag.  I think I have another murder mystery.  Those seem to be my faves lately.
     I took a shower and got dressed...even put on some makeup :SHOCK:  I haven't worn makeup in ages.  I had just started putting a little bit on every day, even if it was just lip gloss when everything happened.  I haven't worn makeup since.  I've been putting moisturizer on (because I've been battling dry skin...and it's a good routine to have anyway to help your skin...) but nothing else...
     We are taking JJ to Golfin' Dolphin today.  HE.IS.SO.EXCITED.  He has already requested a red golf ball.  Hubs and I decided yesterday we needed to do something out as a family; we've been hermits on the weekends, and we need to get out of that.  It makes it hard on Monday to get back into any sort of routine.  So, we are off to spend the day golfing, possibly bowling, probably arcading.  It seems like a fun thing to do.  We are also going to stop by the river walk on the way to feed our old bread to the seagulls and fish :)
     The seagulls were most happy with our old bread!  We even saw a few pelicans fly overhead, but they didn't stop to join the party.  I took pictures.  I will load them right now!  My poor camera is so full.  I will do a separate post with the past pictures I have been meaning to post.  (The bulk of them will be loaded to FB though.)
Running to the gazebo because he had seen geese through the viewfinder.  He's hoping that they will turn around when he starts throwing bread.


The seagull party.

     After we finished throwing all the bread, we drove to the Golfin' Dolphin.  We stopped first for lunch and then began our Saturday extravaganza.  We decided to go putt-putt first;  JJ really had no concept at first.  He wanted to push to ball along with his putter while he ran after it.


Then Hubs made him really watch what he (Hubs) was doing, so that he would have a better time at golfing.

     After really studying what Daddy was doing, he started having a bit better luck.  He even made some of the shots within par.  After the first 9 holes,  JJ and Daddy were tied with 29;  I was close behind with a 32.


After finding out that he was tied for first, JJ started really trying.  Here, he is checking the direction of the wind.  (Yes.  He seriously did this.  Randomly.  Even though the wind was obviously blowing in a certain direction, he stuck his finger in his mouth, held it up, and then said 'ok, the wind is going that-a way!')
I can't decide what he was doing here.  I think he was giving Daddy the stink eye, trying to make him do badly so he (JJ) would 'win' this hole.  Overall, putt-putt was so much fun.  Even though it was windy, the sun was out, and it was a beautiful day.  I think the sunshine did me a world of good!!  In the end,  JJ lost, by 10 strokes.  His second half wasn't as good as his firsts, and we had a 5 putt stroke limit.  Hubs and I ended up tying.  My second half was AWESOME!  (26!)...and Hubs' wasn't as awesome...but it let us tie :) 
     We went in the pro shop to turn in our putters and get some Gatorade.  We then headed in to go bowling.  We walked through the arcade part and decide to play some games first.  Now, we have never played video games here, so we assumed we would either need tokens or quarters.  No.  We had to purchase a "gaming card" which keeps track of our money and the tickets that we've earned.  It was pretty nice actually.  We loaded $20 because you got an extra $5 as a bonus.  The boys were able to share the card.  JJ played mostly.  Then they found the racing games.  They each played on a motorcycle game seperately.  JJ played a car game.  He came in 2nd, then he came in 3rd.  THEN they went around a corner and found the NASCAR game.  JJ played and came in 17th.  I figured for his first NASCAR race, he did pretty well, considering he kept trying to run the other racers over like in MarioKart.  Hubs played next.  I think he came in 4th.  It was so funny watching him.  He was REALLY into the race.  Then JJ wanted to go back to the first set of car games and race together.  So, they played that game several times.  JJ couldn't function right because he kept looking over at Daddy's screen.  It was pretty funny.  Hubs won those, but it wasn't for JJ's lack of trying.  We still had money on the game card, but we decided we would save it for another weekend outing.
     From there, we decided to go bowling.  I was feeling pretty tired, and I really just wanted to take pictures of the boys playing.  We get the shoes (which JJ loved because they were velcro) and find our lane.  I help JJ find the smallest ball around (a 6 pounder), and I started to move the rest of the bowling balls from our ball return.  Then I stop and think...I'm not supposed to be lifting more than 5-10 pounds until I am completely healed.  I was only given the all clear for the walking...so I sat down and told Hubs...it's a good think that I decided not to bowl.  This is the first time we've taken JJ bowling since he was 4, and in his overexcited way, he ran, went past the foul line, and slid and banged his head on the lane.  He hasn't wanted to bowl since (not that I can blame him!)  Hubs showed him how to hold the ball, which JJ wasn't comfortable with (and I think the ball was a bit heavy for him still.)  Hubs showed him how to granny roll.  JJ rocked the granny roll.  He didn't bowl very well, but he had fun.  I honestly can't tell you what the final score was;  I know Hubs scored over 100, but I wasn't paying THAT much attention to the score.


     There were moments during the arcade play that I wanted to run to the nearest bathroom and hide for a while.  It seemed that every corner we rounded, I almost ran into a pregnant lady with a cute baby bump waddling behind her older child and Hubby.  But I kept reminding myself that I am made of stronger stuff than that, so I would take a deep breath, smile, and carry on.  It didn't make it hurt any less, but I can't fall apart every time I see a pregnant lady.
     We headed home after bowling.  We got home about 5:30ish.  We literally had been out All.Day.  JJ played some Epic Mickey (he wants my help but doesn't understand that I haven't reached the level he's on) LOL.  Then he watched a few different shows on Netflix.  He can't really decide what he wants to watch now that he's finished with Inspector Gadget.  I tried to get him to watch He-Man; we'll see, LOL.  After dinner (various leftovers), Babe came on TV, so JJ watched that.  It was on until after 10 though, so at the end, JJ just finally got up and said that he was going to bed. 
     I had been reading that book (the one that I couldn't get into)...I still couldn't get into it, but I wanted the husband to explain himself.  He finally did, and the ending made me smile...but it took a long time for the book to get readable.  The narrator of the book was a bit ditzy, so all of  the reading was scatterbrained...off in so many directions, it was hard to follow along. 
    
 "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16

  "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me."  Proverbs 8:17

  "When children are secure, they feel free to be who they really are.  That's how you and I can live, too.  God is the only one who knows everything about us.  He knows it all, and he loves you.  What a gift in a world where there is so much uncertainty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment