Friday, March 2, 2012

One Day At A Time

     Yesterday's quotes and verses came from sections titled The Joy of Being Me and Promises About Me.  These first quotes today come from a section titled Make A Joyful Pit Stop.
    
     "It's good to let go and bring a little relief into the noise when life is clamoring at you.  It won't change any of the circumstances you find yourself in, but when you can laugh at the antics of others, perhaps because you can see yourself in them, that helps to lighten the load."

     "Human beings thrive on laughter...Humor and laughter are the chocolate chips in the ice cream of life."

     I enjoy laughing and being happy.  I'm so thankful that my boys are goofy enough that they have managed to keep the mood light most days.  I love that Hubs loves me so much, he's not ready to leave me alone while he continues to job hunt.  We talked last night, and I told him that I would be fine.  I told him I have my blog, my games, and my books.  I also told him that the longer he stays with me, the harder it will be for me to be alone when he DOES find a job.  (Not that I don't want to tell him to forget the job search and just plan to stay home with me full-time.  Realistically, I know that is NOT an option, even if we are in a good place financially.)
     Hubs had agreed to wake up with JJ this morning to get him ready for school.  For as much as I didn't want to go to bed last night, I had the best sleep.  I didn't wake until 7:30 this morning!  And I am loving this warmer weather.  My only hope is that spring won't be skipped over like last year.  I need to start a load of laundry because we will be busy this weekend. 
     We are attending a birthday party tomorrow;  I am so excited, but I am so anxious about going.  It's for a dear friend's son...his first birthday.  Little M is such a warrior!  He has been through so much in only his first year of life and his first birthday is an amazing milestone!  I will also be able to see several of my awesome friends.  I'm sure I'll bring my camera and be part of the paparazzi :) 
     I feel that I am ready, but my heart will probably disagree.  I need to continue on and live my life;  I can't wrap myself up in a blanket and hide away (as I want to do most mornings.)...
     Hubs and I had a whirlwind of packing this morning.  We had most everything ready, but I ended up having two loads of laundry so that I won't be swamped on Sunday and worried that JJ has nothing to wear to school.  We had leftovers for lunch and finally got everything in the car as it was time to leave to pick JJ up from school (which worked out perfectly because we were leaving straight from school for our trip.)
     Our trip went well;  Hubs and I were able to listen to more of our story (we've made it to disc 9 of 16, woot!)  JJ played his DS, colored, AND worked on a word search!  (Not at the same time, mind you.)  It was so good to see my parents.  I know this has been hard on Momma too.  I'm glad she's able to see how I'm doing instead of just reading the blog or me on the phone telling her I'm OK. 
     After dinner, Momma and I worked on some crafts.  Everyone else has gone to bed now, but I wanted to make sure that I finished today's entry and got it posted.  I checked my email first, and I had a very heartfelt message from someone near and dear to my heart.  It truly warms my heart to know that I have people in my life who love us so incredibly much..
     Once again, I'm not tired...I'm not ready for bed, even though I know tomorrow is a big day.  It's the quiet moments at the end of the day, right before sleep, that my brain goes into overdrive and starts thinking "what if"...and then my heart feels like it will shatter all over again. 

2 comments:

  1. I have lived in that place at bedtime for a different reason. The what ifs can make you crazy. Truth is, I still live there. I'm not sure that saying it gets easier is a whole truth, but I know that God takes care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun today! I am sorry I won't see you... it's hard for me to go to the birthday parties of youngins... It hurts too much and I look out of place when I go and everyone has kids. I usually get asked where mine is and end up bringing down the mood with my response. I have started to say that the four of them are at home protecting the house... get some weird looks with that one:)
    Anywho... I feel your nights... mine too are filled with too many thoughts. I have found that talking to God helps. I end up falling asleep talking to Him:) Love you very much! Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete