Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Skies are blue...

     Yesterday, Hubs and I spent most of the day out.  We went to Target for shelves.  We had seen some in the Sunday sales papers while at Momma's, and I wanted to see them in person.  We liked them, so we picked up one wide set and one narrow set.  We may go back for a smaller set later.  From Walmart, we went to Lowe's so that Hubs could check out the weed eaters, then we headed to Staples.  I had decided that I wanted a kindle and wanted to pick one up.  We got one, along with a pretty purple case, an amazon gift card, and a warranty.  I told Hubs it would be my gift for the next three years.  :)  I am so excited.  I couldn't wait to get home so that I could plug it in to charge and search for books and different games.             
     We went to walmart next to get some storage bins for my new shelves.  One set is for boardgames; the other set is for my crafting stuff (read: ALL MY YARN).  We had been gone all day, and it was time to head to pick up JJ.  We stopped at kmart to get the weed eater that Hubs wanted, along with an extension cord, then headed to the school to pick up JJ.
     Mondays are always hectic because of karate.  JJ could not get going on his homework, and we were having to keep on him.  He finished and just had time to get changed into his uniform and his new karate shoes.  We went to Subway and saw his friend :)  Last week, she had some dental work done, and we had made her a get well card while we ate dinner.  Yesterday, when we walked in, she handed JJ a thank you card.  :)  He was so happy.  He had diarrhea of the mouth the entire time we were ordering.  Just talking talking talking...about what he had done at school, playing with his friends, going to Grammie's house over the weekend...anything that could pop into his head, he told her about.  She was laughing so hard at him at how excited he was.  You'd have thought he had just eaten a bucket of chocolate.  It was NUTS.
     On the way home from karate, there was a rainbow in the sky.  It seemed to follow us the entire way.  It was a nice reminder of God's Promises.  He will always be there for me.  He will always love me.  He will always take care of me.  He will do the same for anyone...
     Today, my plan had been grand.  1. Have Hubs get the shelves together.  2.  Get stuff on the shelves.  3.  Pack maternity clothes away.  It's the first day of Spring-time for spring cleaning and organization...time to take control of the clutter.  Hubs got the shelves together.  Check.  I put boardgames on the narrow set.  On the second set, I filled four of the six bins with yarn.  I realized we need at least two more bins, so I put a halt on the rest of the yarn sorting.  That's the reasoning I used anyway.  Really, I knew that when the tub I had the majority of the yarn in was empty, I was going to use it to put away all of my maternity clothes.  I have maternity clothes E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.  I have them in my closet.  I have them in the dresser in the guest room.  I have them in a pile on the floor outside of my closet.  Anywhere they were before February 17th, they have remained.  I have avoided them like the plague, yet they stare at me.  Mocking me.  It's time for them to get put away.  For real this time.  Yet, I couldn't bring myself to finish the yarn sorting so that I could get this done. 
     The whole spring cleaning/purging is hard for me this year.  We had such grand plans for getting the nursery ready and making sure that we had room for Baby Aleman and all of the new stuff that would include.  We were going to move JJ to the guest room and turn his current bedroom into the nursery.  In fact, when Julie was here, we moved JJ's bed to the guest room so that part was already done.  It was just a matter of moving everything out of the closet of the guest room and moving all of JJ's clothes and toys into the "new" room.  Then we were going to put all of our baby paraphernalia into the room so that we could see everything we had and what else we would need.  We had already dug most of the stuff out of the back of the garage and put it either in the living room or the front of the garage for easy moving.  JJ is still sleeping in the guest room.  We are getting him a new bed to put back in his old bedroom.  Hubs and I decided against switching rooms; I didn't want an empty nursery...even if the plans have changed, and it's no longer the nursery but the guest room...just keep things the same.  Hubs and I have been saying for a month now that we need to grab a box from the garage and just start going through it.  I can't speak for Hubs, but for me, I haven't wanted to because it just hurt too much.  Holding on to stuff isn't helping me though.  We took the first steps today;  we got the shelves up and the boardgames and my yarn (mostly) sorted.  We will get the extra bins.  I will finish the sorting.  I will get the maternity clothes put away.  We'll get the new bed, and JJ can reclaim his bedroom.  And slowly, box by box, we'll get through everything.  My recycling bin is half full from clearing old papers; my shred bag is getting full, so I will sit down and get the shredding done.  A bag of trash went out today.  Already the house is breathing a little easier because that is a little more stuff that is no longer adding to the clutter.  We will take charge of our lives.  We will get control of the clutter.  We will continue to heal.

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."  Matthew 5:4
    

No comments:

Post a Comment