Friday, March 9, 2012

We Were Made To Be Courageous

We were made to lead the way
We could be the generation
That finally breaks the chains
~Casting Crowns, Courageous

     Today was a good day.  Hubs and I got JJ off to school, and then we went to Golden Corral for breakfast.  It was good;  I didn't eat as much as I have in the past, but that's not necessarily a bad thing ;)  We enjoyed our breakfast, and then headed over to walmart.  We needed a few things (what else is new?)  We walked around a bit, got what we needed, and left.  It was starting to rain when we left, so we decided to get gas and then head home.
     On the way home, I saw a billboard that said "Babies are a gift from God."  I have always said that babies are a blessing, no matter the circumstances.  That has been my mantra as of late...it seems many people are finding out they are pregnant.  While my heart aches at the news and for a fraction of a second, I wonder why?...I KNOW that babies are blessings, and they should be celebrated.
     We didn't walk this afternoon because of the weather.  I finished the last of the puzzle....well, all but five pieces.  I had one out for Hubs, and four out for JJ.  JJ put the official last piece in when he got home from school.
I have no idea what puzzle I'll work on next.  I know there will be a next one though;  they definitely keep me busy.
     Today was mismatched sock day at school.  JJ was so excited to get to wear two different socks.

                                                             before school

After school, reading his book on backhoes.  (I was wrong yesterday when I said it was a book on bulldozers.)
    
     When I was growing up, on Fridays we always had Little Caesars pizza for dinner.  I decided earlier today that I'd like to re-introduce this into my life; we'll see how long it lasts, LOL.  But for now, you can't beat hot n ready $5 pizza.  We had our pizza while watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.  During one of the puzzles, JJ hollered "PICK I BECAUSE THE FIRST WORD IS IT'S!!!"...and I looked up, and he was absolutely correct :)  When those shows went off, it was family movie night :)  (Something else we used to do every Friday night with the three of us, but we'd just gotten out of recently.)  Tonight's movie (thanks to Netflix):  Stuart Little.  Can you believe I've never read this book OR seen this movie?  It is so stinkin' cute!  JJ is loving it!!!
     I've also decided that Friday is my "Paint My Nails in whatever crazy way I want day."  Last week, I painted the tips red and then put a sparkly clear coat over them.  This week, I decided to do something more normal...just painted the tips white and then put on a clear coat.  My nails have grown so long from the vitamins.  It actually looks like I have no polish or anything on, LOL. 
     We bought our new scale earlier, so I can't wait until Sunday morning to weigh in.  As of last Sunday morning, I was down 18 pounds since the beginning of November.  Small victories.  Baby steps.  Gotta continue to find the positive...

"We love because he first loved us." ~1 John 4:19

"...God will make something beautiful out of your effort and energy."

And one last quote that brought a smile to my face...talking about the differences between men and women...

"Even though we did start out in the same garden, we don't seem to be smelling the same rosebush." 

1 comment:

  1. I am not allowed to watch Wheel of Fortune anymore... I get violent.

    ReplyDelete